Wednesday, February 17, 2016

DIY Two Layer Shelves

Hi there, just sharing my diy shelves today.  These shelves were super easy to make and I think they add a little character too.


I used 1x2, 1x4, and 1x6 pine boards.  1x4's are for the back plate, 1x2's are for the braces, and 1x6's are for the shelf.  First I cut the back plates. I wanted two shelves but I think you could do as many as you wanted.





Just to rough them up a bit, I used this scraper and gouged the edges a little.  Then sanded them to smooth it out.




Then it was time to put it all together.

I used wood glue and a nail gun to do this.  It worked great. Then I stained them with an espresso stain and a spray poly for the top coat.



Both sides of the window.


 I love how they turned out.  Very simple, anybody could make these.

Have a good day!






Sharing with these parties:
Wow Us Wednesday
Pretty Project Party
Grace at Home
Link Party Palooza
Be Inspired Link party
That DIY Party
Link Party #84
Trash 2 Treasure
Tutorials and Tips
Wow us Wednesday






4 comments: